Level: Intermediate to Senior
Starting Salary Range (2021): $76,306 - $89,024
Work Location: Remote (Victoria Preferred)
Who Are You?
You are a Builder! You want to identify growth opportunities and manage a team's effort to fill in the opportunity gaps. You are someone with strong planning and organizational skills, who wants to invest their energy in high-impact activities to drive a company forward.
You thrive in a team environment and want to own a sales process end to end. You want to collaborate with different departments to identify growth opportunities and come up with new and different ways to seize these opportunities.
You love a good process and are a confident writer. Contracts, proposals and CRM entries are your comfort zone. You use your skills with organization, foresight, pragmatism and empathy to help your team achieve success.
What's the Job?
As a Growth Manager you would be responsible for managing growth initiatives for the organization for contact and product opportunities. This involves the development of new business via prospecting, understanding, presenting appropriate products, and closing prospective clients. The successful candidate will have previous experience with high-value (million +) sales that are custom and technical in nature and a history of success in closing new or expanding existing businesses.
What will you do?
Growth Manager Responsibilities:
- Create sales forecasts and hit sales quotas
- Design and implement a scalable sales strategy
- Continuously iterate on and improve upon sales processes, structuring processes based on the results
- Builds business by securing contracts with new prospects; maintaining and expanding on relationships with clients
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for weekly, monthly annual Sales KPIs
- Cultivate customer relationships, deliver effective proposals, and negotiate complex contracts to capture profitable new business
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Ensure proposals, objectives, and deliverables maximize operating profit and revenue growth
- Create and execute plans to penetrate new markets
- Guide internal teams in the execution of required commercial documents - NDAs, MSAs, Waivers, etc pursuant to new Contract business when appropriate
Qualifications / Skills:
- At least three (3) years proven experience growing a company's reach
- Proven ability to close government contracts in the Technology Industry (or equivalent) with a value of over $1M
- Strong analytical capabilities; comfortable working with and presenting data
- Self-starting self-motivator
- Effective interpersonal skills – a relationship builder
- Ability to identify and work with key decision-makers and influencers
- Nice to have: Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Working Conditions: Potential for travel up to 50% of time. Works in a virtual environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or extended evening hours when necessary.
Who are we?
RaceRocks is creating a world of informed decision-makers through innovative learning experiences and custom software tools. Our team utilizes cutting-edge technology to create realistic, interactive experiences for learners to practice and adapt from the classroom into the real world. Our goal is to Enable Teams and Empower Decisions.
From immersive game engines, VR, AR, AI and machine learning we use leading technology with appropriate pedagogical approaches to consistently advance the state of training. In a nutshell…we make learning fun, memorable and meaningful!
We are a people-first company committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are working hard to create career paths for those who are passionate and eager to grow both professionally and personally. We are proud to be an Indigenous and woman-led business helping to foster opportunities across the tech industry.
- Extended health benefits including dental, life insurance, vision care and mental wellness program
- Optional bi-weekly team social hosted by the Culture Committee
- Professional development program
- Flexible work hours
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Work from home stipend
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo security assessments as required by Public Services and Procurement Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
$76,306.00 - $89,024.00