Level: Senior Learning Designer - Learning Technologies Specialist
Starting Salary Range (2021): $60,486.30 - $88, 678.01
Work Location: Remote
Who Are You?
You believe learning should be fun and engaging. You look to technology for learning solutions—YouTube has helped you fix your bike or re-pack your tent.
Your superhero name could be “The Synthesizer”. You excel at taking complex ideas and making them accessible. You have a knack for outlining learning objectives and proposing solutions to help learners optimize performance. True satisfaction for you is finding a creative solution to solve a puzzle.
You bring empathy and clear communication to everything you do. Collaboration is your jam. You value the different perspectives on your team and thrive in an open and diverse environment. You have an “honesty over perfection” mentality; you can own your mistakes, strengths and struggles, and you help build a safe environment where others can feel safe to do the same. When faced with the uncertainty of new clients or projects (unclear project requirements, changing processes or stakeholders, new tools, etc.) you thrive on helping create a platform for successful team work to happen.
Your past experience and training has helped you grow to be a confident designer when working with learning technologies. You feel confident you can work with the products and program areas outlined here, although you don’t need to have experience in all areas.
What's the Job?
As a Senior Learning Designer, you will lead and collaborate on the design and development of immersive, decision-driven training systems under the guidance of our Lead Learning Designers and Product Managers. In our flexible workplace, you will collaborate with a team including Subject Matter Experts, Developers and Artists.
You will be the learner’s advocate. Applying your instructional design skills and learning technology expertise, you will work directly with clients from needs analysis to Learning Management System (LMS) deployment to design, build, and test engaging learning experiences using tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Captivate, and Articulate. Learning solutions that you may bring to our clients to solve their training issues include:
- Updating curriculum to address gaps or better reach new audiences or goals
- Transfering face-to-face training to a blended model by leading design of new program, distributed learning courseware, LMS course architecture and reporting, and onboarding program
- Integrating a task trainer or simulator into existing programs (designed in collaboration with our developers and artists) to build confidence, develop skills or address skill fade
- Increasing reporting potential of courseware or task trainers with xAPI or SCORM with developer support to improve access to information through a client’s existing content management system, or by offering new options
What will you do?
- Collaborate with clients and product management to identify training needs:
- Get to know learners and their characteristics, the tasks of a position, and what successful performance of these tasks looks like.
- Work with the client or subject matter experts to identify resources for developing learning materials.
- Support clients in understanding the best media and technologies to meet training needs.
- Break down complex information into an engaging and easy to understand format:
- Create storyboards for eLearning courses, task trainers, simulators and serious games according to instructional design principles.
- Define reporting, onboarding, and administration needs to develop a training delivery plan including course architecture and deployment/reporting strategies.
- Examine, review and correct content for accuracy, consistency and accessible learner experience
- Produce and publish media-rich, responsive content:
- Create interactions and assemble course content using eLearning software.
- Test Distributed Learning packages in Learning Management Systems (LMS) and assess effectiveness, including SCORM/xAPI reporting.
- Work with other Learning Designers to grow and enhance your discipline expertise and best practices.
Who are we?
RaceRocks is creating a world of informed decision-makers through innovative learning experiences and custom software tools. Our team utilizes cutting-edge technology to create realistic, interactive experiences for learners to practice and adapt from the classroom into the real world. Our goal is to Enable Teams and Empower Decisions.
From immersive game engines, VR, AR, AI and machine learning we use leading technology with appropriate pedagogical approaches to consistently advance the state of training. In a nutshell...we make learning fun, memorable and meaningful!
We are a people-first company committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are working hard to create career paths for those who are passionate and eager to grow both professionally and personally. We are proud to be an Indigenous and woman-led business helping to foster opportunities across the tech industry.
- Extended health benefits including dental, life insurance, vision care and mental wellness program
- Optional bi-weekly team social hosted by the Culture Committee
- Professional development program
- Flexible work hours
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Work from home stipend
- All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- All candidates must be willing to undergo security assessments as required by Public Services and Procurement Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
$60,486.30 - $88,678.01